Fecha actual Jue Oct 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Vie Jul 06, 2018 4:03 am 

Nacionalidad: Antigua And Barbuda
Provincia: San Luis
Now that the leaves on the trees are starting to change color and that familiar chill in the air can be felt Malik McDowell Jersey , it's time to start thinking about that scariest of holidays; Halloween. Ghosts and goblins, ghouls and witches and all that candy! I don't think there is any time of year more exciting for kids than Halloween.

Halloween is celebrated on October 31st and "trick or treating" has become a tradition, but it's not the only one. Costume parties, haunted houses, hayrides and creepy movie festivals are all part of the weeks leading up to the big day. Here are some sof my Halloween ideas, perhaps you'll use some of them this year.

Halloween decorating does not need to be expensive Cheap Seattle Seahawks Hats , but if you want you can spend a fortune. People do everything from the most simple decoration (a pumpkin) to extravagant light shows and my favourite personal haunted houses and yards. You need to find something which matches your budget and commitment. Dollar stores have a lot of inexpensive Halloween decorations, my favourite from the dollar stores are the glow in the dark spiders and skeletons. I hang the skeletons on tree branches and they light up at night giving a spooky chill to the yard.

I like to do a couple of pumpkins on Halloween, one for each of the kids, a family effort and of course my personal masterpiece (which I usually do on the 30th after the kids have gone to bed). You can find nice pumpkin templates all around the Internet, but be sure to use a sharp knife and if the kids are young, you do the carving Cheap Seattle Seahawks T-Shirts , but let them tell you what to cut.

Fog is another Halloween essential for me. I use two fog machines, one in the house (I hope that stuff isn't dangerous) with some windows open for ventilation and one outside to highlight whatever creepy item I feel needs it. Usually the creepy item is a 6 foot tall ghost we like to call "scary big man". I purchased him at a garden centre and probably paid too much, but he's going on his 3rd year now and I stand by my purchase. He's totally cool!

Hay bales and corn stalks are great yard accent pieces and nothing brings out fall's creepiness better than those two items. If you live on a farm, you could even build a maze out of the bales and make the kids go through it to get to the front door.

Last but definitely not least is Halloween music. I've been building my collection for years, but for starters you can get a simple halloween sounds CD and put it on repeat. Chains, howling Cheap Seattle Seahawks Hoodie , screams make the young ones shake in their boots. The old ones (including parents) find it amusing but neat. I like to throw in a mix of halloween songs like monster mash and of course what Halloween would be complete without a little Danny Elfman. If you're not familiar with Mr Elfman's work, he has done soundtracks for some of the scariest movies out there. Google him and see what comes back.

So, get started early. Get the decorations up and maybe have a Halloween party too. Christmas shopping is just around the corner, so enjoy Halloween while you can. It's the chance for every grown up to act like a kid again.

By Atsushi Ebihara

KOBE, Jan. 17 (Xinhua) -- Some 5,000 people gathered in Japan's Kobe on Friday morning to pray for the souls of the 6 Customized Seattle Seahawks Jersey ,434 victims of the 1995 Great Hanshin Earthquake.

In his remarks during the ceremonies marking the event, Kiso Hisamoto, who was recently elected Kobe mayor, urged city residents to continue sharing the lessons learned from the earthquake, which struck on the same day 19 years ago, and to utilize new ideas to further develop the city in the future.

Following a moment of silence at 5:46 a.m. local time Cheap Seattle Seahawks Jerseys , the exact time when the massive earthquake struck the city, a series of ceremonies were held in this city and neighboring areas in Hyogo Prefecture.

Thousands of people attended the ceremonies despite the cold weather. The temperature in the city center dropped to 5 degrees Celsius in the morning.In Higashiyuenchi Park, more than 10,000 lit bamboo lanterns arranged to form the date, "1.17".

Isamu Uenishi, 86 Byron Maxwell Seahawks Jersey , an earthquake survivor, narrated during the ceremony his sad experience when his bedridden father died after the forced evacuation. He said that the relatives of the earthquake victims believed that the authorities should take more measures to enhance disaster mitigation in order to save lives.

Uenishi said that he had made a pilgrimage to the prefecture's memorial to pray for all the victims who suffered in the tragedy and to wish that such a tragedy would never happen again.

Hisamoto, who became mayor only two months ago, told the attendees that the city's duty is to find the lessons to be learned from the earthquake and provide post-disaster recovery know-how to people around the world. "In addition to the big earthquake here in Kobe in 1995, we experienced the Great East Japan Earthquake and resulting tsunami about three years ago, and massive disasters happened last year on Izu OshimaIsland Sebastian Janikowski Seahawks Jersey , eastern Japan, and also in the Philippines," Hisamoto said.

The mayor said that people should realize that strong earthquakes usually result in great devastations, killing people and destroying properties. "Kobe City, therefore, will step up its efforts to protect communities and their properties from such tragedies Dontae Johnson Seahawks Jersey , strengthening disaster prevention training and taking related measures to prepare for major quakes, including one with an epicenter in the Nankai Trough off Japan's Pacific coast," Hisamoto said.

After the speeches at the park, a 44-year-old university professor told Xinhua that no matter how people prepare for disaster preparedness, there is still a need for good neighborly relations so that people can help each other and coordinate their moves in saving lives. "While we can expect visible measures taken by local authorities to rebuild sound communities after a disas.

Share on Facebook

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas