Fecha actual Mié Sep 18, 2019 11:37 am

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Lun Jul 30, 2018 10:41 pm 

Nacionalidad: Antigua And Barbuda
Provincia: San Luis
BEIJING Arizona Coyotes Throwback Jersey , April 7 (Xinhua) -- He was a great champion. He was a tragic hero.

No matter how dramatic his career has been, Olympic champion and former world record holder Liu Xiang decided to retire and end his 20-year career as a hurdler.

It came as no surprise when China's best known track and field athlete announced his retirement on Tuesday after more than two years of rehabilitation from an ankle surgery.

The 31-year-old never stepped back on the track after he pulled his Achilles tendon attempting to clear the first hurdle in the heats at the 2012 London Olympics.

Liu then underwent a surgery to repair his fragile Achilles tendon and got married. He showed up at various public activities and rejected the possibility to compete in the World Championships in August in Beijing, all signs pointing to an imminent retirement.

Liu tried to keep the farewell as low-key as possible, choosing an uneventful date to wave goodbye to millions of fans on weibo Anaheim Ducks Throwback Jersey , a Chinese equivalent to Twitter.

"My course, my hurdles, you have been in my company for 19 years. We first met when I was 13 years old," said Liu. "I returned in the London Olympics because I don't want to be called a coward Edmonton Oilers Throwback Jersey , a quitter."

As expected, China's first male Olympic champion in athletics received not much surprise or regrets after the announcement for his evasion from races since the London Olympics.

Fans react calm to Liu's retirement. "It's time to retire. Actually, it should have come a little bit earlier for we have not seen you race for quite a long time," said a follower on Liu Xiang's weibo account.

Despite two disappointing withdrawals from the Olympics Authentic Vegas Golden Knights Jersey , including the one in Beijing, Liu is arguably the greatest athlete in China's athletics history and one of the best in the world's 110m hurdles.

One supporter said on his account: "Liu Xiang is the only Chinese who beat the black atheltes on straight course. Liu Xiang competed in 48 major national and international races, winning 36 golds, but a lot of people just remember the two-time withdrawals Authentic Washington Capitals Jersey , the only flaws. No matter what, we are proud of you."

The Shanghai native shot to fame when he won the 110 meters hurdles at the 2004 Athens Olympics, equalling Briton Colin Jackson's world record of 12.91 seconds.

Liu bettered the world record to 12.88 seconds in Lausanne, Switzerland in July 2006. And one year later Authentic Winnipeg Jets Jersey , he won a world championship gold in Osaka, Japan to become the first male hurdler to own Olympic and world titles and the world record at the same time.

While Liu was conquering the 110m hurdles across the world, the shadow of injury crawled in and cost him dearly in his home Olympic Games in 2008.

In the first round heat in Beijing, Liu limped off the track with an aggravated Achilles tendon injury to the astonishment of a capacity Bird's Nest.

Four months later Authentic Vancouver Canucks Jersey , he underwent a surgery in the United States and had four calcium deposits removed from his right foot.

Four years later, Liu's fate mysteriously repeated in a bad way. In London Olympics, Liu hopped on one foot to the finish line, kissed the hurdle and was wheelchaired off the track.

Just as his first withdrawal in Beijing Authentic Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey , Liu, his team as well as the Chinese Athletics Association were bombarded for concealing his injury.

And at the same time, many already felt that this could be Liu's last stop of his career.

The island of Malta is a great all year round holiday destination for people of all ages. There is plenty of entertainment for families thoughout the island and there is enough for history buffs to enjoy on their vacation. The nightlife is great in St Julians and Sliema, fun for night owls young and old.

It really is a fun packed place to travel to Authentic Tampa Bay Lightning Jersey , but what are the most important items that you need to save room for in your suitcase? The following are ‘must’ items that I would take with me during the hot steamy summer months. essentials for comfort and pleasure:

Mosquito Repellant

For some reason I attract mosquitos when others around me don’t. Not very fair but that’s the way it is so I have to prepare for the onslaught and especially if I am going to be anywhere near water at night. I take a spray or cream repellant, but make sure that I choose one that doesn’t smell bad and spray all of my exposed bits when I go out in the evening and take it with me for a top up if I am out longer than a few hours.

On one of my Malta holidays, in my rush to get out on my first evening I forgot to spray the bare bits in between my sandal straps and had so many bites that my feet became infected, swollen and painful. I had to get some bigger sandals to wear for the rest of that holiday. I also take a plug in mosquito killer for where I sleep. Cream and spray repellants wear off over time and if the slightest bit of juicy bare skin is exposed while you are sleeping it’s the signal for an all out mossy attack!

Antiseptic Cream

If a mosquito gets through your defences and if you are sober enough to notice that you’ve been bitten Authentic St. Louis Blues Jersey , applying an antiseptic cream like Savlon or Germoline straight away usually reduces the affect of the bites. I’ve also found that E45 is very soothing for bites and burns.

High Factor Sun Tan Lotion

Malta can be sunny all year round, so you need to always take a good sun tan lotion with you. The summer months are particularly hot and sunny so you really need to protect yourself and your family from getting burnt. I would take factor 50 sun tan lotion with me and especially for children.

Sun Glasses

A must for sunny days in Malta. My sun glasses have been made up to my own prescription so that I can wear them to read when I’m relaxing on the beach or round the pool and I can also drive safely while wearing them.

Sun Hat

I tend to walk around a lot,. Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NBA Jerseys From China Cheap College Jerseys Online Cheap Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Soccer Jerseys

Share on Facebook

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas