Fecha actual Mar Sep 29, 2020 11:11 pm

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Mié Ago 08, 2018 12:48 am 

Nacionalidad: Argentina
Provincia: Buenos Aires
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Top-ranked Serena Williams had little trouble joining sister Venus, in the Dubai Championships semifinals on Thursday. Serena, playing her first tournament since a fourth-round loss at the Australian Open, had little trouble bypassing fifth-seeded Jelena Jankovic of Serbia 6-2, 6-2 in the quarterfinals. The only blip in Williams game came when she lost serve in a tentatively played fifth game in the first set. "She was the better player tonight," Jankovic said. "Way better. "I just played a bad match on my terms." The only drama in the 76-minute match came in the final game with Jankovic serving. The umpire, Kader Nouni of France, told Jankovic she was serving too fast and then too slow, when taking more than the 25 seconds allotted. Williams was briefly brought into the fray when Jankovic made note that Williams often took more than the 25 seconds allowed to serve. After the match, the players conversed at the net and both reported they left the court on good terms. "I told her at the end, Look, I didnt mean anything. Im sorry if I played slow," Williams said. "She was like, No, it was more like they say (I) play too fast and then too slow. She said she couldnt get it right. "I was like, Look, are we cool because Im cool with you?" In that final game, Jankovic initially rebounded from love-40 before Williams won on a fourth match point with a scorching forehand passing shot. Williams will play Alize Cornet of France in the semifinals. Cornet scored a 7-5, 6-3 win over Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain. Venus Williams reached her fourth Dubai semifinal with a 6-3, 7-5 win over qualifier Flavia Pennetta of Italy. Williams, who won this title in 2009 and 2010, had to serve for the match twice in the second set. "She just keeps fighting," Williams said of Pennetta. "She stays relevant. Thats what she does really well. I have to give her credit for that." Serving at 5-4 in the second set, Williams missed out on a match point when Pennetta hit a forehand crosscourt winner to bring the score to deuce. Four points later and Pennetta broke serve to even the score at 5-5. After Pennetta dropped serve in the 11th game Williams had a second chance to close out the match. Initially, Williams fell behind 0-40. On a second match point Pennetta popped a return long to concede the win. Williams will play eighth-seeded Caroline Wozniacki, the 2011 Dubai champion, in Fridays semifinals. Wozniacki had little trouble dispatching 27th-ranked Sorana Cirstea of Romania 6-1, 6-2. "That was really pleasing, and I always know that Sorana can be a tricky opponent," Wozniacki said. "I felt like I served well and I put the pressure on her and played the way I wanted to play today." Although not guaranteed, Venus Williams wasnt opposed to thinking ahead to the possibility of an all-Williams final on Saturday. "It would be fantastic," Venus said. "But we both have to get there." Jarrod Dyson Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. Luis Gonzalez Jersey .ca! There is plenty of blame to be shared as a result of the most recent NHL player (Pittsburghs Brooks Orpik) to be evacuated from the ice on a stretcher following an ugly incident Saturday night in Boston. http://www.diamondbacksapparelsshop.com ... ersey-c-5/. The 23-year-old restricted free agent appeared in all 48 games last season, finishing second among all Sabres skaters with 15 goals and 34 points. Jarrod Dyson Diamondbacks Jersey . The 2010 batting champ showed what he can do when hes mostly healthy. Gonzalez homered, doubled and singled in his return to the lineup, and the Colorado Rockies snapped a five-game losing streak with a 13-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. Patrick Corbin Diamondbacks Jersey . -- Jake Peavy arrived at Bostons spring training complex on Monday with a large white bandage covering his left index finger, the result of a weekend accident.CHICAGO -- Pitcher Jose Quintana and the Chicago White Sox have agreed to a $21 million, five-year contract that would increase to $26.5 million if he is eligible for salary arbitration after this season. The deal announced Monday includes two team options that could add $22 million. Quintana has 1 year, 133 days of major league service. The cutoff for arbitration eligibility was 2 years, 122 days this year and 2-139 last year. After agreeing this month to a one-year deal paying $550,000 in the major leagues and $300,000 in the minors, Quintero gets an $850,000 salary this season. If eligible for arbitration at the end of this year, he would get $3.4 million in 2015, $5.dddddddddddd million in 2016, $7 million in 2017 and $8.85 million in 2018. If not eligible for arbitration after this season, Quintana would receive $1 million in 2015, $3.8 million in 2016, $6 million in 2017 and $8.35 million in 2018. Chicago has a $10.5 million option for 2019 with a $1 million buyout. If thats exercised, the White Sox have a $10.5 million option for 2020 with a $1 million buyout. If he wins a Cy Young Award at any point through 2019, the 2020 option price would increase to $14 million, If he finishes second or third in the voting at any point through 2019, the 2020 option would rise to $13 million. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Share on Facebook

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas