Fecha actual Vie Oct 18, 2019 6:57 am

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Jue Ago 29, 2019 12:29 am 

Nacionalidad: Argentina
Provincia: La Pampa
TAMPA Daniel Jones Jersey , Fla. (AP) — to bolster an anemic pass rush. However, the former New York Giants star wants to be a lot more than a one-dimensional player.The two-time Pro Bowl end believes he can be part of the solution to a leaky run defense, too, in addition to stalking opposing quarterbacks.“I want everybody to know that I’m still capable of playing the run,” the 29-year-old said. “They already know I can play the pass. But if you can’t stop the run, there is no pass rush.”The Bucs traded for Pierre-Paul in March after having one of the NFL’s least-effective defenses a year ago, when they went 5-11 and ranked last in passing and total yards allowed, as well as sacks with 22.The team hasn’t had a player with 10 or more sacks in a season since Simeon Rice had 14 in 2005.The 6-foot-5, 275-pound Pierre-Paul had 58 1/2 sacks in eight seasons with the Giants, including a career-best 16 1/2 in 2001 and 12 1/2 in 2014.He hasn’t come close to posting double-digit sack totals since suffering a serious hand injury in a Fourth of July fireworks accident three years ago. Still, his numbers have improved each season from one in eight games in 2015 to seven in 2016 and 8 1/2 in 2017.The Bucs feel Pierre-Paul, who played in college locally at South Florida, is an ideal fit for what they want to do with a revamped defensive line also featuring Pro Bowl tackle Gerald McCoy, offseason acquisitions Beau Allen Quincy Williams II Jersey , Vinny Curry and Mitch Unrein, and first-round draft pick Vita Vea.More Tampa Bay Buccaneers newsJameis Winston aims to realize potential under guidance of new Buccaneers coach Bruce AriansBuccaneers sign 5th overall selection LB Devin WhiteNdamukong Suh practices with Buccaneers for first time, dons customary No. 93 jerseyNdamukong Suh agrees to terms with Bucs, replaces 6-time Pro Bowler Gerald McCoyBuccaneers release 6-time Pro Bowl DT Gerald McCoy after nine seasonsCoach Dirk Koetter likes what he’s seen in training camp.“Just a real impressive veteran player that’s willing to share with the younger guys,” Koetter said. “His ability to work in the heat — sometimes those veteran players don’t want to come out and work as hard as we ask them to in training camp, but he’s been out front all the way.”Like Pierre-Paul, the coach believes the ninth-year pro is versatile enough to help the Bucs slow opponents on the ground, as well as through the air.“When we played (the Giants) last year, just from our standpoint, we probably feared him more in the running game than we did in the pass game.” Koetter said.“That’s not a downgrade to him because we see good pass rushers every week,” the coach added, “but a lot of those speed rushers can’t play the run. I mean, he’s 280 pounds.”Pierre-Paul won a Super Bowl with the Giants in 2011, while Allen and Curry signed with Tampa Bay in free agency after being part of a deep line rotation that helped Philadelphia win it all last season.The Bucs are counting on them to bring a championship mentality to a team that’s missed the playoffs 10 straight seasons — the second-longest drought in the league.“It’s been great. We just keep creating chemistry out there. Everybody pass-rushes differently; everybody plays the run different Ryquell Armstead Jersey ,” Pierre-Paul said.“As veterans on the team, we’re teaching the young guys how to come up and how to do things correctly,” he added. “We were all once in their position, so we are (building) great chemistry together. That’s a great start for us.” EAGAN, Minn. (AP) — With four weekends left in the regular season, two NFL teams have already fired their coaches. Several other underperforming clubs have dismissed assistants.The coaching carousel is in full spin, the unsettling part of these high-pressure, intensely scrutinized jobs.“I hate this time of year,” Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator John DeFilippo said, lamenting the way families of fired coaches are subjected to the upheaval. “I was one of those kids. I grew up this way. So I’m a little bit sensitive to it, OK?”His father, Gene DeFilippo, was a college assistant coach who moved into administration and was the athletic director at Villanova and Boston College. Those roles and eras were different than calling plays in 2018 for the Vikings, sure Gardner Minshew II Jersey , but the spotlight of big-time sports still exposed him to plenty of public disparagement.John DeFilippo has been a frequent target of that himself lately. The Vikings have been held under 300 total yards in three of their past four games, and they’re facing another daunting matchup on Monday night at Seattle.The hottest topic has been the run-pass imbalance, which even caused head coach Mike Zimmer to join the chorus of critics after the Vikings lost 24-10 last week at New England. Dalvin Cook rushed for 84 yards, but he only had nine carries. DeFilippo said on Friday after practice that he pointed out “two or three” plays in the game against the Patriots where he should have called a run instead of a pass.“Coach and I are in constant communication of how to make this offense better. We talk all the time,” said DeFilippo, who’s in his first season with the Vikings after serving as quarterbacks coach for Philadelphia. “There’s certain things that he believes in and that I believe in as well.”Despite the recent struggles by the Vikings (6-5-1), who rank 16th in the league in yards and 18th in points, DeFilippo’s name is among the candidates already in full circulation on the NFL speculation circuit. One oddsmaker pegged him as the second-most likely replacement in Green Bay for fired head coach Mike McCarthy, trailing only Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.“I’m pretty much in this building about 18 to 20 hours a day, so I don’t hear a lot of that outside noise, good or bad,” DeFilippo said.“So I’m just dead set on doing my job right now. We have a quarter of our season left that’s a very, very important quarter. For me to think of anything besides our football team would being a lot of people a disservice.”From quarterback Kirk Cousins to tight end Kyle Rudolph to wide receiver Adam Thielen, several of Minnesota’s offensive players have not been shy about publicly stating their evaluations of what’s gone wrong and what they believe are the best ways to make the process go right on a more consistent basis. More involvement for Cook has been mentioned often. Getting those screen passes going is another theory. Eschewing the huddle and employing more up-tempo possessions Christian Wilkins Jersey , too, has been given multiple thumbs-up.“There’s constant dialogue, and that’s every week, after every series,” Cousins said. “You’re trying to continue to stay on the same page.”Whatever the method, the offense is well aware of the burden it’s carrying into the final quarter of the season.“Obviously there’s some frustration on our side of the ball, knowing that our defense has played so well and we haven’t kind of pulled our end,” Thielen said, adding: “We just need to get back to who we are. We know we have the guys in the room to do it.”

Share on Facebook

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas